About Off-Site Construction
Off-Site Modular Construction has many advantages over traditional construction. It provides both speed and superior building quality. Individual modular building components can be built in state-of-the-art facilities at the same time as site preparation, saving you time and money. Once on site, architectural details can be added by the off-site construction companies, making the modular project indistinguishable from conventional construction.
Off-site construction methods offer significant time savings. Building construction and site preparation occur at the same time.
- Traditional – Site work must be completed before construction begins
- Affordable – Site work and building construction occur at the same time saving as much as 60% of total construction time.
Off-Site construction benefits customers by saving them money compared to traditional construction methods due to more efficient manufacturing and material sourcing process.
- Traditional – All materials are locally sourced, with single-project pricing and delivery
- Affordable – Materials are centrally sourced with national contracts and leveraged purchasing power
Off-Site construction offers increased building quality due to the controlled construction environment.
- Traditional – Project is exposed to weather and other elements
- Affordable – Off-Site Construction facilities are enclosed and secure protecting against weather damage and delays as well as theft during construction
Off-Site construction methods provide stronger structures than site built construction to better withstand hurricanes, earthquakes and other natural disasters.
- Traditional – Less building materials used, code requirements are less strict
- Affordable – Buildings are designed to withstand highway transportation and crane installation. All Affordable buildings meet or exceed building codes and provide improved seismic durability